~ the once per month edition (aka: the disdainful black cat edition) ~
(Because: SCHOOL IS IN SESSION, Y’ALL. And I am WERKIN’ it.)
Soooo … here are some #voiceped favs from the last MONTH.
1. favourite #wordtothewise FB Live: recording studio vs live stage & managing those expectations, by Rebekah Piatt at A Noteworthy Music Studio
Some FANTASTIC advice for your students who are working in CCM genres. Plus? #PENNYTHEDOG!
2. favourite two-fer: How Anxiety Leads to Disruptive Behavior by Caroline Miller at the Child Mind Institute* + A Perfect Little Explanatory Pictogram from Integrated Listening Systems
My friends, “bad behaviour” is rarely actually BAD BEHAVIOUR. #isallImsayin
3. favourite YouTube funness: Phonetic transcriptions of annoying sounds teenagers make by my new favourite linguistics-guy, James Harbeck**
I mean, is it a little stereotypical? Sure. IS IT ALSO KIND OF NERDY-HILARIOUS? Also sure. (For extra nerdy-goodness, try figuring out what the sound is from the description, BEFORE he makes it. Go on and challenge yourself. heh heh)
4. favourite blog post: The Ultimate Guide to Making Smart Decisions from Farnam Street***
Ugh. Productivity and stuff. Read it and weep. Or make a few small decisions now that will free you up to make better big ones later. For example, because I see different people every day of the week? I often wear the same outfit five days in a row (that’s why essential oils were invented, #amiright?). AND WHY THE HECK NOT? Men have done this for … ummm … WELL HOWEVER LONG THE SUIT HAS BEEN AROUND. Same suit every day, different shirt and socks. Seriously.
5. favourite brand new YouTube channel: Why I Love This Vocal with John Henny
Folks? THIS IS SO MUCH FUN. AND SUPER INFORMATIVE. If you teach CCM styles? It BEHOOVES you to get subscribed. #pinkyswear
As per uzh: you can teach your face off … #pinkyswear
*THANK YOU CATHY! ****
** THANK YOU JOANNE! ****
*** THANK YOU MICHELLE! ****
****apparently, I’m only taking contributions from women this month. #thatscool #whatevs
ps The first FOUR module of my online course have dropped (only four more to go – two more coming this weekend!) and one lovely early-adopter writes: “she is SO much more fun than my science professor in my “Structural Sound and Acoustical Analysis” was”. Which, probably not what I want on my tombstone but, you know, I’ll take it when it’s about my course! Pre-Sale price extended to 1st November (or until all modules are dropped … whichever comes FIRST).