because there aren’t enough lists in the world*
Every Friday, you can now expect a -WAIT FOR IT- curated list of the best voice and voice pedagogy things I’ve seen all week. I KNOW, RIGHT?
Let’s get going with the FIRST EVER Friday Favourite** Five (or Fri Fav Five (although … that fourth letter in “five” is driving me kind of crazy … but it looks too weird as Fri Fav Fiv, right? right.) … or FFF …)!
1. Favourite Podcast Episode: What is Your Place in Singing with the incomparable Nancy Bos.
You guys, IF YOU ARE HUMAN, you need to listen to this podcast episode. It’s like a mini Tim Ferris Episode on SINGING. Seriously. If you ignore everything else on this list (I mean, why would you want to? But, you know, IF YOU DO.), please do yourself a favour** and listen to this episode.
2. Favourite FB Live: The Eyes Have It with the incomparable Meribeth Dayme.
Need a little paradigm shift in LESS THAN EIGHT MINUTES? Here you go. (I LOVE her reasoning for not looking anyone directly in the eye when performing.)
3. Favourite Article: Do These Things After 6PM and Your Life Will Never Be the Same by Thomas Oppong.
Yeah. It’s a bit of a title, isn’t it? Also, I don’t know Thomas personally so I have no idea if he’s INCOMPARABLE or not (although, given that he’s HUMAN? I BET HE IS.). The gist? If you have a passion project, set aside one hour per day to work on it. Read the article to find out why and for ideas of how other people are doing it.
4. Favourite YouTube Video: Absolute Best TMJ Treatment You Can Do for Yourself for Quick Relief with the two most famous physical therapists on the internet, Bob and Brad.
No. Seriously. You’re Welcome.
5. Favourite Blog Post: When To Tell a Student it is Time to Give Up by the incomparable Matt Edwards.
Looking for a little inspiration to get you through next week’s teaching? Or singing? Look no further.Have a great week! (OH! And if you haven’t already, you can sign up to get my blog delivered RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX by entering your email address in the little ‘sign up here’ box.)
You can teach your face off … I can help.
*In my mind? Listiness is next to cleanliness. And we all know what cleanliness is next to. SO BRING ON THE LISTS.
**In Canada, we didn’t drop extra vowels from our words just because they got too cumbersome and unwieldy. NO WE DID NOT. WE ARE LOYAL TO OUR UNNECESSARY VOWELS.