listylist the second (are we having fun yet?)
1. Favourite Blog Post: Actually, Your Mindset Doesn’t Matter by Michelle Markwart Deveaux
Think you’re up to choosing the red pill? GO ON THEN. DO THE THING.
2. Favourite YouTube Series: “Singing Teachers Answer” with Karyn O’Connor
I mean, THERE ARE A LOT OF COOL THINGS ON THE INTERNETS THESE DAYS, but THIS SERIES? Is rocking my world. And I’ve only seen the first installment. WHAT? (Also, I may or may not have a little sumthin sumthin to say on one or two or four of these installments. #truestory) Subscribe to the series HERE.
3. Favourite Teaching Tool: The Singer’s Practice Journal by Nancy Bos
It’s inexpensive. It’s handy. It’s well-designed. It’s one-of-a-kind. It’s satisfyingly attractive. And? It just may be YOUR new favourite thing to gift to your students. (I bought one for all of my teen singers; the adults are on their own.)
4. Favourite Article: Lost Art of Bending Over – How Other Cultures Spare Their Spines by Michaeleen Doucleff
You need to not let the title of this article throw you off. DO NOT BE DISTRACTED BY IT; THIS IS ABOUT YOUR SPINAL HEALTH. And I am seriously considering making the ‘How-To Table Bend’ exercise part of every one of my students’ daily warm ups … which they will write out in the space that is VERY CONVENIENTLY PROVIDED IN THEIR SINGER’S PRACTICE JOURNALS. (See what I did there?)
5. Favourite DIY Health & Hygiene Tool: How to Make a Steam Inhaler Jar from One Good Thing by Jillee
Haven’t quite scraped together the cash to buy a fancy-schmancy steamer yet? (Or, you know, asked for one for Christmas from your in-laws like I may or may not have done last year? #suchanerd #imintopracticalgifts) Well … don’t worry about it. For occasional steaming purposes, this sucker works like a charm. #pinkyswear
Happy Friday everyone!
You can teach your face off … I can help.
ps I inserted this post script to point out that I didn’t have any asterisks or post scripts in this post. #ICANDOITIFITRY (Probably those ALL CAPS aren’t going anywhere though.)
HAVE A FEAR OF MISSING OUT?
Join the mailing list to stay up-to-date on our latest news, course news, and other goodies.