New Year | New You Edition
Yeah … I’m not really into setting a whole bunch of resolutions to change things up BIG TIME in the New Year. But you know what I AM into? These cool ‘reset / set intention / start the year off right’ thingamabobs that everyone offers at the beginning of the year. I totally dig those. (Maybe because I don’t have to do anything except show up and let the folks who are running the show, well, run that show? But ENOUGH ABOUT ME)
Here are five super-cool ‘reset’ singingteachery thingamabobs that I found on The Internets last year:
1. 14 Day Vocal Reset from Elizabeth Rotoff at The Fit Singer
I mean, for a very low price point, you get meal plans, workouts, vocal exercises, personal consults, AND MORE. So you don’t have to figure all that out. All you have to do is, well, everything else. But the BIG STUFF is taken care of.
2. 21 Days to Your New Voice from Kerri Ho at The Songbird Tree
This is a free YouTube series that you can just follow along. Again, all you have to do is SHOW UP. Okay, and DO the things. But there’s a tonne of great info here parsed out in short segments that are easily digestible. Also? THAT ACCENT.
3. Dedicate – 30 Day Yoga Journey with Adriene Mishler from Yoga with Adriene
Okay, this one isn’t exactly SINGER focused. But it’s the one I’m doing. And I’m loving it so far: free, short, daily videos with a down-to-earth guide. We’re only two days in so it’s not too late to join.
4. How to Run Your Studio Without Hating Your Boss with Michelle Markwart Deveaux from FaithCultureKiss
Yeah. This one isn’t really a RESET for the New Year thingamabob. It’s more of a BLOW YOUR BUSINESS OUT OF THE WATER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE thingamabob. You know, if you’re into that kind of thing.
5. Favourite (and only, frankly) New Year | New You Thingamabob: You Can Change Your Life. Yes, You Can, from the same crazy-inspiring peep who developed How to Run Your Studio Without Hating Your Boss. Yep. #shesallthat
Whatever you choose to NEW YOU this year, just know (from my therapist’s lips to your ears): you’re enough.
And you’re good enough to #teachyourfaceoff,